Everyday life would not be possible without garage doors. You can use them for both your house and garage, as well as to store your car safely. Also, they enhance your home’s curb appeal and overall appearance.
Because garage doors are so beneficial, you can’t let them suffer too much wear and tear. You can prevent costly damage by performing regular maintenance so your garage door lasts longer. You’ll also learn how to take care of your garage door and determine when it’s time for a replacement.
Garage doors have a life expectancy of about 20 years, right?
A garage door typically lasts between 15 and 30 years, although it really depends on several factors, including the type of door, the owner, and the environment.
Garage doors have a lifespan based on various factors, including:
- Usage: Your garage is good for how many cycles you are able to open/close it based on the kind of springs it has. As you use your garage door more, the closer you get to the end of that cycle, and the shorter its lifespan will be.
- Care: Practicing garage door maintenance regularly will lead to a longer lifespan for your door and a slower aging process.
- Quality and price: High-quality garage doors typically last longer than lower-quality ones if they were purchased from a reputable retailer. Typically, the more you pay for a garage door, the better the quality.
- Local climate: During some periods of the year, Youngstown is subjected to unfavorable weather like thunderstorms, hailstorms and winds. As a result, your garage door may take some damage that could potentially lower its lifespan.
Replace Your Garage Door When It’s Time
Garage door lifespan can be difficult to determine at times. It is possible to determine whether or not to replace your garage door by taking into consideration a variety of factors.
It may be time to replace your garage door if any of the following symptoms occur:
- There is a problem with the door
- You have a cracked, damaged, warped, or peeling wood door
- Dents and dings are visible on the aluminum door
- When you notice broken or rusted parts
- There is a sagging garage door
- Noise or a slow opening/closing of the door
- You want a garage that is better insulated to control the climate
With Brand Garage Doors, you can enjoy a new garage door
Our team at Brand Garage Doors can install a new, high-quality garage door to enhance your home’s curb appeal or functionality.
We specialize in installing, repairing, and servicing garage doors, so we can fit you with the best garage door available.
For garage door services in Trumbull and Mahoning County, you can trust us. We’ve been doing business for almost 40 years. Call us at (330) 240-6369 for quick pricing and service.