Homeowners understand the importance of their garage doors. The garage can serve a variety of uses, including parking, workshops, storage rooms, and entertainment areas. A quality garage door keeps your car, tools, and other belongings safe from environmental effects and theft. In addition to increasing curb appeal, it can increase the value of your home. It is important to maintain its structural integrity.Mechanical and environmental stress will affect your garage door during its lifetime. A homeowner opens and closes their garage door 1,500 times per year on average. Over time, garage door parts get worn out. Extreme weather conditions can also affect the garage door. If your garage door has been damaged, you must find a reputable and affordable garage door service provider who will provide you with a quick fix.
You may assume that you will need to replace your garage door panels after they become damaged. Would it be possible to replace one section or panel of the garage door instead? Sure! The manufacturer of that door model still makes it so we can replace a single panel or section of it. This would include damage to the cosmetics or structure, especially scrapes, dents, cracks, and peeling. Age- or weather-related fading, staining, or unattractive panels can all be replaced.When your garage door panel becomes damaged or malfunctions, it’s a huge inconvenience that we know you want resolved as soon as possible. Enlist the help of a high-quality, experienced company you can rely on if you want to ensure that you don’t just fix the problem quickly, but also correctly.
A Guide to Knowing When to Replace Just a Panel or Section
Our factory-trained technicians will be able to determine the best solution for your garage door. Depending on the type of door and the amount of damage it has sustained, each case must be diagnosed individually. Certain types of damage will require the complete replacement of the door. In some cases, even if panels or sections have been damaged, they can be repaired or replaced. Panels can be repaired or replaced if:
- New panels that have available replacements
- Minor dents or dings on the door
- Slight scratches or scuffs in the paint
No matter what kind of damage there is, you should contact a professional as soon as possible for an assessment. It’s important that you have your garage door repaired as soon as possible for a number of reasons, including:
- Safety concerns. Your home may contain potential hazards that need to be addressed. It’s important to check whether there isn’t an underlying structural issue with your garage door, regardless of what looks like a cosmetic issue. In the event that a vehicle dents a garage door panel or section, it may damage hinges, tracks, or springs, resulting in an unstable door that could be dangerous.
- It will be appreciated by your neighbors. Besides you, your neighbors also appreciate your home’s appearance! Your home may be fined by your homeowners’ association if your garage door is damaged. It is best to fix the door as soon as possible to avoid such penalties.
- It may be required by your community. You may have to adhere to local ordinances regarding the maintenance of your home, which may include maintaining a functioning garage door. Your home may be cited or fined by code enforcement officers if the damage isn’t repaired.
- You lose curb appeal. Your garage door is one of the most important features of your home. Among the five kinds of home improvements that can generate the highest return on investment, garage doors are no exception. A garage door’s appearance is just as important as its functionality. You can prevent your curb appeal from dropping by repairing broken panels on your garage door.
- Broken garage doors put your security at risk. Garage doors are nothing more than doors. You should take extra precautions around this door, since it is the most vulnerable entrance to your home. The security of your home can be compromised if you leave a broken door panel or section unattended.
Do I Need to Replace My Garage Door?
Panel problems often indicate a bigger issue with the door. The cost of replacing a garage door can also depend on factors like age, weather, and system damage. Have you been wondering whether your garage door needs to be replaced?”
Here are some signs you might need a new one:
- Your door is old. The manufacturer of your garage door might not manufacture that particular model anymore, so if you need a replacement panel or section, you might not be able to get one. Buying a new door if you can’t find parts for an old door may be the only option if you don’t have access to replacement parts.
- It may be necessary to replace multiple sections. Multiple sections of a door may cost as much as a brand-new garage door, depending on the model. It may be better to replace an entire unit rather than investing in new sections for an old door. This will come with a new warranty.
- The panel itself was damaged as well. The garage door system might also be compromised, even though the exterior of the door may appear to be damaged. Any problems caused by the panel damage can be diagnosed by a service technician.
- Because of the weather, the whole door has faded. There are only a few parts of the door that need to be replaced, and the replacements may be a slightly different shade than the original. During the winter, the full door may fade and lose some of its luster. If this is the case, you may wish to replace the entire door with a matching color so it doesn’t diminish the visual appeal of the whole unit.
153 Oak Knoll Drive